Friday, February 8, 2008

Hard White Speck On Inside Of

Interview with Plinio Zilli

Pliny Zilli has just turned 82 years and is considered one of the deans of journalism in the Friuli Venezia Giulia. His father, an undertaker of construction work began to work in the country of Britain in 1927. Shortly after, he moved with his family in the Balkan country, where he remained lasted until 1944. Zilli in the Albanian capital attended elementary school, where he learned the Albanians. Journalist becomes the latest, in 1957, working first with the Messaggero Veneto and then in Reggio Calabria, for a short period. In the early 60's became special envoy of the Day in France and Lyon is until 1963 and then to return to Udine, where he was hired by a U.S. company specialized in the manufacture of agricultural machinery. Begins a few years after his activities as a press officer with the Fiat Tractor, which has since acquired the company.
- What is left of the years spent in Albania?
"So many wonderful memories. I often feel a deep nostalgia for those days and the faces that appear in the memories. We were very integrated and had many friends. I remember the hunt and moments of conviviality, the great kindness of the people. I've always loved their culture. "
- What is the fault of the Albanians?
"Their character. They were very proud and their way of life based on principles very strong. When he reached the Italian occupation we felt a deep discomfort: my father never shared employment decided by fascism and this feeling was shared by most of the 7,000 Italians living in the country. The Albanians were honest and entertained us with an excellent relationship, on the other hand supported by hospitality never seen anywhere else. ".
- He found the same attitude in the Albanian immigrants in Italy?
"For many of them the mentality and sense of honor were the same. The underworld are and remain a minority, but are much more newsworthy and dirty, with the way they operate, the entire Albanian community. That's why I was one of the promoters of the birth of the Italo-Albanian in 1995, which I chaired for many years to what has succeeded Bashkim Fishta, while I have been appointed honorary chairman. As it happens, the Italians are a lot of association members, including some fellow journalists. "
- Italy has been able to accept the Albanians?
"I believe that many changes from area to area. Where I live, in Feletto Umberto, people have come to know and appreciate them, welcoming them very well. We are home to many families of origin Albanian, now fully integrated Italian citizens, and many children have graduated in Udine. One of them is the current vice-president of the association, Enel Banja degree in electrical engineering. Even at the regional level of integration and acceptance is very good and often it is families of medium to high culture. "
- What is missing to make it even better?
"I think we have reached a good level. There are many Albanians who work with Italian companies and are always greeted with warmth and respect. "
- How has the Albania who know him?
"The political situation is rather complex. The country, however, is making tremendous progress in achieving the standards and the European Tirana where I lived I was profoundly changed. The same applies to other big cities that have grown in population and extent. Even they, however, face problems similar to those of Italy if not worse: low wages and rising cost of living. "
- now we are the second generation. When we see people of Albanian origin assume political office as is the case for Italians abroad?
"I think it's still early, but not missing much. The boys who grew up and studied in Italy are always among the best in their classes. Sooner or later, the electoral roll to read some Albanian surname. The number of graduates is growing, and even many Albanians of recent immigration, already in possession of a degree acquired in Albania, also studying to acquire the Italian degree. "
- What are the problems most often mentioned when you talk to them?
"At first they were those of the workplace and housing, but now the situation is different. These problems were overcome. I never ever heard complaints about acts of racism against them and this shows that the level of integration of the Albanian community is exemplary.
- How are they different from the Italians, Albanians?
"We attach great importance to preserve and pass on their history, their sense of belonging and their culture, but I think this applies to all nationalities, not just for them. At the bottom of the Albanians are much closer to the Italians, in terms of values \u200b\u200band hard work, than imagine. E 'for this reason that integrate so well with us. They remain proud of their language guardians also protected in our country due to the existence of a minority language in Southern Italy, the Albanian community fled from Turkish domination. From this point of view the presence of people of Albanian origin and culture pose to our region has always been accustomed to multilingualism undoubtedly a cultural enrichment. " When

0 comments:

Post a Comment